Treatment of kidney diseases
Since 2001, we have been offering assessment and treatment of all types of kidney diseases in our medical clinic and provide specialised treatment for haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients. Furthermore, we care for patients after kidney transplantation in close cooperation with the University Hospital Zurich. We prepare you for a kidney transplant and carry out the preliminary clarification of potential kidney donors.
Since February 2018, our team of nephrologists has been expanded by PD Dr. Mohebbi. Before joining the practice, she worked for more than 10 years as a senior physician in the Clinic for Nephrology at the University Hospital Zurich in a leading position. Her clinical focus was on the treatment of patients after kidney transplantation, glomerular kidney diseases as well as patients with kidney stone disease and tubular diseases (acid-base and electrolyte disorders). Dr. Mohebbi is a nationally and internationally recognised expert in the field of kidney stone disease and electrolyte and acid-base disorders. She is currently a leading member of the study team of the Preserve Transplant Study sponsored by the Swiss National Science Foundation (preserve-transplant-study.ch). As a private lecturer at the University of Zurich, she is involved in the education of medical students. She has published a large number of articles in medical journals and is active as a speaker at various educational events (forum for further medical education “Forum für medizinische Fortbildung”, national and international nephrology congresses, etc.).
Our service offering
- Assessment and treatment of acute and chronic kidney diseases
- Special assessment of kidney stone disease
- Special consultation for acid-base and electrolyte disorders
- Care of kidney transplant patients in collaboration with the University Hospital Zurich
- With the possibility of participation in the latest studies
- Preparation for renal replacement procedures (haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, home haemodialysis)
- Performance of various dialysis procedures (haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, home haemodialysis)
- Clarification and preparation for kidney transplantation
- Preliminary clarification of potential kidney donors
The team speaks German, English, Italian, Croatian, Farsi, Spanish, French, Russian, Serbian and Albanian.
We are recognised by all Swiss health insurance companies as general practitioners as well as FMH Internal Medicine and FMH Nephrology specialists.